Wednesday, December 16, 2009

When upon life's billows you are tempest tossed...

All those amazing people out there that are praying for us; we need to have a chat. At least one of you (don't know who it is) is cursing us by praying for us to have something like: patience, endurance, strength, fortitude...

You need to STOP!

As if the kitchen flood and bedroom mess isn't enough, my car died on my way to work this morning. I'm driving merrily along and all of a sudden my car starts slowing down regardless of pushing the gas pedal, weird. So, there I was stuck in the middle of nowhere, no shoulder on a 55mph road. Aside from the 1.25 hours it took to get the tow truck there (including the 45 minutes to convince the insurance/roadside assistance people we were covered), I did get to enjoy some country road scenery/smells/sounds and meet one of my student's siblings who stopped to help Ian (yes, I dragged my knight out to help me) push my car to the side of the road. I let the roadside assistance people know I couldn't wait 2 hours for the tow truck like last time we called them because I'm 9 months pregnant and will have to pee before then! He was there in a half hour with the good news they weren't going to charge us extra for such a long towing distance. That was nice. I took Ian's car to work (now 1.5 hours late) and he rode back with the tow truck to the repair shop and started his work day 1.5 hours late, too.

Halfway through the day the repairman called to let me know the fuel pump was out...amounting to a chump change of ~$590 repair job. Ouch. A few hours later he called to tell me that the gas tank was empty...(hmm that would contribute to my car stopping in the middle of nowhere) ...EVEN THOUGH the gas gauge read 3/4 full! That I found humorous. I'm at the point where I have to laugh or else I would cry. I stopped by the shop on my way home tonight and he showed me how the dashboard gauge won't move. Apparently the part is obsolete, so he can't find anything to replace it. He'll let me know tomorrow if they find it in Wisconsin.

Really people, what are you praying for? The health prayers are working for the most part. I'm having no complications and Jr continues to bust a move all day long. All lights are a go for a healthy delivery. He's even head down tonight! Please stay there little guy.

My doctor was telling me this afternoon (as I was scheduling my induction for the 24th) that bad things always come in three's, so I'm done. And how I should be grateful this isn't happening after Jr is born. Yes, I am grateful for that. I might've had a melt down by this point otherwise.

She was also humorously asking me how many children I wanted since my pregnancy rap sheet is a foot long. Good question. We'll see, won't we?

No comments: