Thursday, December 10, 2009

Lungs

A coworker passed me at lunch today and said "You are getting to the point that even someone like me, who is very aware of personal space, can hardly resist touching your belly."
:)
Well, I waited and waited for the doctor to call when he said he'd call today and he never did! I left a message with his assistant and still didn't hear back. About 1:00 I started calling every number I had associated with all this and finally reached someone in genetics. They found out that the doctor had called my OBGYN, (instead of ME! Like that did me any good!) to report that Jr's lungs are not developed so they will not be inducing me this weekend. Looks like Christmas Eve is our day...unless Jr decides to come on his own earlier. Not likely, though. So, I'll be around for two more weeks. :)

FYI: the amniocentesis was no big deal. I didn't watch but it felt the same as the shots I give myself every morning, and left a smaller mark. My fluid levels are normal now but Jr is still bigger than he should be. He's also refusing to stay head down, so hopefully he now has time to decide that's a good thing so he can be born naturally!

No comments: