Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Update

For those of you who have asked why they can't just give me the steroid shot instead of the amniocentisis, I have the answer. They don't give the shot after 32 weeks, which I was when they made the size/fluid discoveries. Apparently it doesn't do much good at that point, according to studies. It's always nice to have answers to questions.

I also asked the Dr. how accurate the ultrasound assessment of Jr's size is. He said that the farther the estimate is from normal the more accurate it is. And also the further along he is the more accurate. So, since it was over a pound bigger than normal they trust it to be accurate.

Last Friday our night custodian gave me a baby gift. I could tell it was heavy, but I didn't open it until I got home (stupid me). Once I got home and opened it, Ian and I discovered that he had bought us over $100 worth of baby boy things from safety kits to adorable outfits. Ian almost cried. Wow, my custodian did that! And Friday was his last day! I'm now on the search in the district to find his contact information so I can thank him properly!
One of the things in his gift is an adorable, soft, newborn size fleece pajama outfit. We still can't even imagine what it will be like to have a little boy inside it to snuggle with. That will be neat.

For the last week my hips have been 'OH, so painful' and this week my back started, too. I read about this in the pregnancy book but didn't expect it this soon. I've been figuring it's part of pregnancy and I'll be waddle-limping for the next month or so. I finally went back to my chiropractor today (it's been almost a month) and guess what? I didn't waddle or limp my way out of his office! What a blessing to know I don't have to live with that pain for the next month. My back still hurts, but my hips don't!

So, passerby's are starting to tell me I'm looking huge. I know I'm getting bigger and can hardly tie my shoes now, but when I think of big I think of my friend who's over a week overdue. She sticks out several more inches than I do. I do think I'm carrying Jr more inside than outside since he was almost full term size two weeks ago and I don't look full term. It'll be interesting to see how all this comes out.

No stretch marks, yet! Itching like crazy. Thanks Jamie for the cocoa butter lotion, I want to eat myself! And it actually stops the itching for an hour or two. I think I might actually be moving from 'adhesive allergy itching' to 'stretching itching.'

1 comment:

Bridget said...

I didn't know you blogged! I see you're expecting. How exciting and congratulations.

Sorry to hear that you've had complications. I pray for the best for your family in the upcoming weeks.