Wednesday, November 25, 2009

MY SIDE! MY SIDE!

I haven't had too many "pregnancy moments" but this takes the cake so far. It might even go down in our family history...

The other night Ian and I were driving home in my car from a baby-prep class. We were stopping at the gas station for gas, Ian was driving. Both our cars are opposite for gas pump sides, so we have to think about which side it is when we pull into a station. So, we're driving in and I say "My side." (of course I know what I'm talking about, right?) So he keeps pulling toward the pump on the right side, so I keep repeating "My side! My side!" Then I start slapping him on the shoulder. (LOL) About the time the bumper is even with the pump I realize what I'm saying wrong. "My side when I'M driving!" (LOL-9 out of 10 times that's where I'm sitting when I pull into a gas station) Then I start laughing, alone, 'cause Ian's NOT laughing as he pulls around to the correct side on a different pump.

I laughed the entire time he was out pumping the gas. He was just starting to recognize the humor of the situation when he got back in the car. He said it would have been more so if he hadn't been getting hit on the shoulder...he thinks it's pretty funny now.

Even now as I'm writing this I'm laughing so hard I'm crying.
He got his revenge this morning. I've been wanting to cut my hair before Jr. arrives, and once I've got it in my head I want it done. I asked Ian if he thought he could do it and he said sure. I told him to cut it even with my armpits and gave a little instruction. He got started and about 5 minutes into it he says "Oops." I started laughing, that's the ONE thing you never say when you're cutting someone's hair! We laughed through the entire process as my hair got shorter and shorter in his attempt to even it out. "Well," says I, "you are the one that likes long hair so you'll be the one saddened by the results."

He actually did a really good job and it wasn't much shorter than I'd expected. Now I've just got to adjust to it. Thanks honey!

No comments: