Sunday, November 22, 2009

Darn

Well, shoot. The hip pain is back. After the last blog I was having braxton hicks contractions almost every 10 minutes for hours. I missed a day of work to get off my feet and rest them away. I don't like being unable to walk without limping/wobbling or even roll over in bed! But, I don't think I dare go back to the chiropractor...

I've been very pleased with this cocoa butter lotion. It's lasting halfway through the day before I start itching again. I certainly can't complain about that.

For those of you who are wondering what my belly looks like with all the shots...
Aren't you jealous? If I do them above my belly button I usually don't bruise, but I stayed in that area so long that my skin toughened and I couldn't get the needle in. So, now I'm back down in bruising territory again. Some of those spots are because some mornings it takes my 3-4 tries before I can find a place that doesn't hurt so bad I want to cry. Today (the picture's a couple days old) that bruise looked like a fish to me, but Ian thinks it looks like an anteater! :)
I send thoughts to Jr every morning not to move because that makes the process even more painful. I was remarking to some friends tonight that I look forward to NOT having to get up at 7am every morning to do these shots, but wait...by that time I'll have a baby and won't even be sleeping through the night anymore! SO, no more sleep-ins for Bonnie.

A couple of my students asked me about this so I showed them some of my spots. The one male student in the room regretted paying attention at that moment. It was hilarious, he looked away and moaned like he'd seen something he'd NEVER wanted to see. We still laugh about it.

1 comment:

deargoodness said...

Ouch! Your poor belly! Yay for no strech marks though! I didn't get any with James until the last couple weeks, and then just a few. But with George I got them all over my stomach and up past my belly button, darn't. Soon all your pregnancy pain will be over!