Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It's a Boy

For all of you dying to know, we're definitely having a boy. No doubts... busy moving and kicking, too. He's got all his parts and has a pretty cute profile that is very hard to catch a clear picture of in a still picture off an ultrasound. We were feeling pretty good until this afternoon when the genetics department called to inform me that one of his kidneys/ureters is 3mm larger than normal. This might/might not be an indicator of down syndrome or blockage AND it might/might not resolve itself. They are going to pull me in for monthly ultrasounds to monitor it, hoping it goes away. Starting next Tuesday. (Dejavu -last year I had my 1st ultrasound Tuesday before school started and was in OR the next Tuesday for the D&C. No D&C this time but a problem Dr. visit)

AM I EVER GOING TO HAVE A NORMAL PREGNANCY? We are pretty depressed tonight. This shouldn't keep him from being born or anything, but it's still a problem to worry about. And it doesn't matter how many times anyone tells me not to worry or look on the bright side, it still sucks. Try my shoes on. The paranatologist informed me after losing Andrew that I would never rest easy during a pregnancy again. I've been watching to see if I could relax this time and it WAS going pretty well. Now that's out the door.

And what's with getting bad baby news the day before school starts, huh? I've had enough of that. I'm pretty sure that my pregnancy emotions are full swing right now. I almost cried last week when my distiller didn't flow correctly and have water for me in the morning. I want to cry right now, hoping it would let off some of my steam. We'll see if that happens. Maybe I'll feel better about this in a few days. Sorry to depress anyone who reads this.

And - a new life insurance health examiner is coming tomorrow to try again at drawing my blood. I swear, if it doesn't work this time I'm going to cry. I'm certainly not going to allow this one to dig around for 3 minutes!

4 comments:

deargoodness said...

Congratulations on the boy! I'm so sorry about the sad news-hopefully everything turns out okay. We'll definitely keep you all in our prayers. We love you guys! And good luck with school starting up!

The Price Family said...

Bonnie- I completely understand your fears and frustrations! After Joseph died I got pregnant with our triplets and when I saw my OB he used the word death and demise at least four times. It was a high risk and complicated pregnancy fraught with a lot of emotions and fears. But I had received a blessing that said despite what may happen everything will be okay. My girls were born 11 weeks early and were in the NICU for 8 weeks. Fast forward 2 years and my girls are perfectly healthy and right on track. I know it is because of the Lord that it the case!

Trust in the Lord and his blessings and remember you are not alone! I know it is hard, but hold on and trust! I can't say everything will be okay, but the Lord can if it is his will! Lots of love and hugs:)

Stacy said...

Congratulations on finding out you are having a boy! That is so exciting to know. I really hope that everything else turns out okay. I admire you so much for your strength. I hope you are able to not worry quite so much and that you are enjoying teaching. Love you!

Sarah said...

Cry...several times...it helps and DON'T APOOLOGIZE!!! We love you!!