Tuesday, July 21, 2009

4 months

I'm now sixteen weeks and I can feel the baby kicking, that's exciting. I decided today that I'm NOT getting used to doing the shots like I thought I was - especially when it hurts! I found out this week that my sister-in-law Lindsey is due a week after me, yeah! We've both had problems with our recent pregnancies, so we'll both probably be nervous the whole time.
I can't believe the last two times I've been to the doctor they've told me I'm not gaining enough weight! I don't even remember gaining any wait until the 5th month with Andrew. It's not like I'm starving myself either, I've been eating!

I've had several bouncing people ask me if I'm super excited and my answers have been a little more tempered than expected. I wanted to explain that getting pregnant is only about 1/3 of the battle for Ian and I. The rest is making it through the ENTIRE pregnancy successfully. We're not really going to be overjoyed until we have a healthy baby in our arms because that will be the real thing. I am excited, but I've been this far before and lost the baby so we're kind of 'waiting to see.'

I'll find out what we're having the second week of August, the day before everyone comes back to school. I anticipate that my students will be very excited because they were really excited for me to adopt last year. One of them even bought me a baby blanket in preparation.

On a side note, I had to share this adorable picture of Razor taking a nap in his bag-fort next to Ian. He is so cute! Thanks Grandma for leaving him a fort to play in! He lives in that thing when he's not snoozing on the bed.

3 comments:

Paige said...

I haven't had the problems that you have & I still don't draw a really easy breath until the baby in safely out.

We're excited for you, & hope everything goes well.

The Price Family said...

I was the same way when I was pregnant with my girls not being over joyed until they were in my arms. Once you've had a stillborn I think you guard yourself until you are sure. I held on to my faith and hope and waited until they were here. But it also makes birth and motherhood so much more sweet to have your baby! I STILL get teary eyed sometimes when I see them and think how wonderful it is to have them. We will keep you in our prayers

Matt and Lindsay said...

I think you are an amazing person! It must be so hard to do shots everyday! If you ever need to talk you should call me!! We think about you guys all the time, and are praying for all three of you!
Lindsay