Monday, November 15, 2010

Fall

I love this picture. Really intense. Although it may look like it, Q doesn't have a stubborn bone in his body, yet. Determined, yes, but not stubborn.
The weather didn't take long to get cold, wet and gloomy. I miss sunshine! My arthritis got so bad with the cold that I started increasing my Reliv. I need to increase it again because at this point my fingers at still so stiff in the morning that I can't bend them or use them until I 'milk' or massage them. What is really strange though is that if I wake up at 2:30 or even 5:30 in the morning they aren't that stiff, but any later than 7am and I can't move them. I know that the lack of movement and circulation causes the stiffness, but why does it wait until 7am? Mystery to me. At least the rest of my joints aren't hurting anymore. RELIV you ROCK!

I discovered this 'mother of all spiders' nestled into the handle of my parents truck when I was trying to get inside. Eeeks. Almost as big as my thumb! She had some powerful webbing, too. Even when I got her on a stick and tried to fling her away she didn't go far and was still attached to the truck handle! That must have been an awesome spot for catching meals.My Mom and Dad bought a cruise tour to Egypt, Isreal, Greece, Italy and another place I can't remember. They came to visit us before and after their trip.
We did a real family picture while they were here. It's nice to have an updated one...three new family members since the last one.
Q and I went up to Ferndale with Ian to visit his family. We were there two days. Q loved Grandpa and Grandma's tractor almost as much as Christina and Benson's car. He got his first taste of pumpkin and saw his first Jack-o-Lantern. Mom, Q and I hit the consignment stores for two days and found some awesome deals. Q had been getting pretty bored with the same old toys he'd had for a while so we found a boat load of new ones for cheap as well as a little car to ride on and a walker so he could get around despite the muscle delay. He loves his walker and the new toys were a hit. When he runs in his walker he has both his hands up in the air like a monkey. My speculation is that this is how his hands are when he's walking with us...but who knows?
Q also got to see Daddy's (and Grandpa and Grandma's) workplace. It was really good to visit the Walkers.

When we moved into my parents place we discovered that the neighbors had not been maintaining their trees and the view was almost completely gone. (what was supposed to be a hedge of pine trees turned into a forest!) We also noticed that there was a for sale sign on the house across the street. When I finally saw a car in the driveway I went across and introduced myself and asked about the trees. They said they signed the papers in 10 days and if we wanted to have the trees down by then we were more than welcome. We started the next day. With a little help from the missionaries we got 7 of the 10 trees down and over the cliff. Man, were we tired, and boy did those trees smell heavenly! It took us (Ian did most of the work) another week (mostly at night in the dark, and Q on my back in the backpack) to get the rest of the trees down and over the hill. Then we had to clean up the lawn to remove the evidence. We recovered half of the view, now we just need our other neighbors to trim their trees. The most amazing part about the whole project is that we were never sore. I expected us to be immobile a day or two later and it never happened. What a blessing.
BEFORE
(although there were cool clouds this day that make it look like we were on top of a mountain!)AFTER
The porches here were also so green and slimy that they were a safety hazard. Not thinking too clearly I rented a powerwasher the same day as the we started the tree project and I cleaned off the porches (ibuprofen to the rescue) and a little bit around the side of the house. That was a lot of work.

Poor little Q cut teeth 2-4 all in one week. That was a rough one for me too as he was SUPER clingy!

I couldn't believe it, but our entire freezer of frozen milk only lasted our hungry little boy one month! That went by fast. He's now on formula again. He adjusted okay, but our pocketbook doesn't like it.

I decided to finally follow through on Q's Davis pediatrician's recommendation to have him assessed for muscle delay. Two ladies came out to assess him and he qualified for muscle therapy. The muscle therapist has been coming out to see him once a week for about two months now. They also recommended he try acid reflux meds to see if that's why being on his tummy is so aversive. Three days after he started the meds (and a week after seeing his new bowen therapist) he started commando-inchworm crawling. We are really excited and wish we knew which one was working...
It took us weeks to unpack, but we are finally down to only a few boxes laying around waiting for us to get sick of them. Strangely, from the day we moved in I had 'nightmares' every night that I'd lost Q in the thick covers on the new bed. I'd often wake up Ian as I was searching the covers to find him. Thankfully, after two months the nightmares began to diminish and now they are down to only once or twice a month that I wake up Ian searching for Q in the middle of the night. I find it strange since aside from the first month that the crib wasn't up yet, Q always sleeps in his crib!

For Halloween we went to my sister's ward carnival. It was pretty cool. Q had picked out his tiger costume at one of the consignment stores we'd gone to, he got really excited about it. It also has a little box that roars in the nose of the tiger.Q's sleep routine has been completely whacked since we moved here. All the trips and stuff have thrown him for a loop. We've probably had about 10 days total that he's slept through the night. Plus he's moved himself from 3 to 2 naps a day. He discovered that he could walk around the house holding our hands and that's all he wanted to do. He was almost manic. For a couple days he wouldn't go to bed until 10pm, that did us in. I decided he was overexhausted and we started his bedtime routine an hour earlier. That worked for about a week, he was asleep by 8:30. I think having the Christmas tree up is what ruined that plan.

The week before Thanksgiving we got 3 inches of snow. Crazy...Ian had to use chains to get up the last hill coming home.

I just had to include some pictures of this cutie making faces in the bathtub. One of these days Eyore's nose is going to fall off.

No comments: