Saturday, July 10, 2010

4th of July

Last weekend was our ward campout. This was the first one we've been able to attend due to scheduling and it was Q's first. I've never been hot while I was camping before, that was weird, I'm usually cold! Q fell asleep in Grandma Walker's sling at the campfire.Our tent was on an incline and I was at the bottom of it. That made for an interesting night. I ended up with about a foot of space by the end of the night. It was wonderful to hear the river and be in nature...it's been too long!In the morning Ian helped cook breakfast and went on a body rafting trip down the river. He came back pretty shaken up. There were a lot of rocks and logs under the surface to bang your legs/feet on and a few spots where the current goes over your head. My fear of drowning keeps me from ever doing exciting things like that. Q was pretty enraptured by his first river experience.On the 4th we went to a potluck with some friends and Q got his first real swing ride! He wasn't too sure about it, I think the 100 degree temperatures didn't help.I just had to include this picture of my baby who's almost outgrown his first car seat.
It looks like Q is going to pull a 'cousin James'...his undergrowth is coming in blond while the long stuff is brown!He rolled over from his tummy to his back yesterday! Way to go buddy!
His six month check up was this week: 20 lb 12 oz, 28 inches long. The pediatrician is sending us to a neurologist to check out his delayed developments. I think by the time we see them he'll be all caught up!

No comments: