Monday, May 3, 2010

Heart

I'm sitting here at 1am rocking my sick little boy thanking Heavenly Father again and again for letting me have and keep Quintin. He holds a major portion of my heart.

Yesterday a friend called. She and her children had been walking through a cemetery when one of her daughters noticed there were graves for babies. In her explanation she mentioned that we had sent one of ours back to heaven and her daughter asked if it was buried where they were and could she visit it. It brought tears to my eyes when she asked me. Children are so sweet and tender.

It is amazing - the depth of feeling that enters your life with children. As amazing as the rest of life is before they come along; I think it is a half life. If you haven't split your heart in half and put inside another little person you haven't lived, yet. Granted, if I'd read that statement before Quintin arrived I would have cried in frustrated pain, but I still think it's true. It hurts to think that I could have two of my hearts pattering around my house instead of one, but in that I am truly grateful for an eternal perspective. I know that I will hold Andrew in my arms again and be able to love and snuggle him. Just not right now.

1 comment:

KPackard said...

Bonnie, that was so sweet! You are an amazing example of being grateful. I'm so glad you have little Quintin, too and I can't believe how big he is already! What a sweetie and so cute! Best wishes to all three of you!