Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Surprise

My next door neighbor from Brazil (two kids, pregnant with third) is a total sweetheart and has worked really hard to make sure my beginning in motherhood has gone well and adequately supplied. She bought us daipers, a changing pad and has loaned us many baby items. About two weeks ago she knocked on my door at lunch and asked me if I wanted a nice sturdy changing table from the thrift store a few blocks away. She had reserved it for an hour for me. I said sure, that would be great. I offered to go get it (not realizing it would never fit in our car) but she said she'd do it.

A couple hours later there was a knock on my door. I was in the midst of trying to br-feed Quitin, but since I expected it to be her I got up without completely covering and peeked around the door to find FIVE uniformed firemen standing outside my door with a changing table!
Oh, my word, not what I'd expected!
I asked the for a moment and tried to put myself together, ...just a tad embarrassing.
What a way to receive a gift!

She had gotten it home on top of her car and been wishing for a guy to come along to carry the table to my apartment when the five firemen came around the corner from inspecting our complex. What a lucky break! I thought it was incredibly nice of them to jump to her aide, and neither of us minded the view!

The changing table is awesome! It's in good condition and is very sturdy. Thanks Christina!

No comments: