Thursday, March 26, 2009

Good News

In perfect timing for my birthday (on which Ian threw me a surprise birthday party at the bishop's house with barbeque and Coldstone ice cream cake, yum!), the doctor who did my procedure last August called me this week to inform me that my '6 month waiting period' was over. I've had 6 negative tests. Then she told me she'd go do some research to make sure that we were free and clear to start trying to get pregnant again.
She called me back a few hours later to confirm that: all was well and; there was only a 1% chance of having another molar pregnancy again.

I find this humorous...even though 1% sounds like a really small amount, it is actually 10 x greater a chance than we had of even getting one in the first place!

I'm still happy about it, we hope that it won't happen again!

3 comments:

deargoodness said...

Happy (late) birthday! I wouldn't mind some ice-cream cake! That is great news--we love you guys!

Sarah said...

YEA!!! I'm so happy for you!!! Happy Birthday!

Stacy said...

Yeah!! We are excited for you guys! We'll be praying for you!!