Sunday, April 1, 2012

My Babes

At one month old my little Emmeline is measuring in at almost 13 lbs. That's almost 5 lbs over birthweight! Good grief! At about 2 weeks old she became voraciously hungry and hasn't slowed down since.

We've noticed a general sense of discomfort in her demeanor as she's almost constantly wiggling and grunting, so this week I'm trying to go off dairy to see if that helps. It has seemed to help as long as I remember. It's easy to remember not to drink milk or eat cheese or yogurt. It's not so easy to remember to avoid cheese crackers, milkshakes or when it's an ingredient. We pay for it when I forget, so that's helping me to remember.
Quintin seems to have grown by leaps and bounds the last month. When we came home from the hospital his vocabulary seemed to have doubled! He has such a sense of humor now and says hilarious things.
  • Anything with wheels is a 'bicle' and he walks around answering 'No Way!' to most questions. Sometimes he says "Su-ure."
  • He cracks up making faces with you and has started playing a little bit of 'pretend.'
  • He interacts with the tv now and has to come to me to discuss the latest dilemma on a show that he's watching. "Uh-oh Momma, tapir home!" "Oh-no Momma, snake gone?"
  • Not long ago I asked "Quintin, what are you doing?" and he responded "Nuthin." HA! My 2 year old is already starting!
  • He's truly turned into a ham when people have come over (lots of helpers coming this last month). They walk in the door and he starts showing off!
  • While he's talking he interjects "um" into his sentences!
  • Whenever he sees one of our phones he immediately pipes up "Game! Game! Game - phone!"

1 comment:

Ixchelle said...

i miss you. Your baby is beautiful. Wish I was there to help you. lOVE YOU