Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Up!

Well, Q has started shrieking when he's upset and having little crying fits, so it's apparent that he's entered a new stage of development that requires discipline and teaching. I decided that since he can say simple syllables like ma, ba, da, pa, wow, wee and such that he can certainly say "up" instead of grunting with arms up and jutting out his belly. Last week I started requiring him to say up to get said action from me. It took a lot of coaxing the first time and we both had a dance party to celebrate. The next time I told him to say up he looked at me, whimpered and gave up on getting what he wanted. Monday morning he was in bed with me and rolled and crawled around for a time without any response from mom (I was TIRED and didn't want to play or get out of bed). Finally he rolled over to face me and whispered "Up-hhh, up-hhh, up-hhhh" repeatedly!!!!!!!!! Who could resist spontaneous, talking cuteness like that???? Ever since then he says it all the time, and seems to think it means everything; like "I want that toy"! Ahhh, I love my little boy!

He also started walking on the rocks and grass BY HIMSELF for the first time this last week! Yeah!

1 comment:

Jess said...

That is SUper exciting! Yayyy for those milestones! Glad you take joy in each one. Special little kiddo!