Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hope, shots and MOPS

I went to MOPS for the 1st time yesterday. It was awesome, I'm really excited to go now. They had a whole bunch of grandma's and grandpa's in the nursery for Q to snuggle with. I thought that was really sweet. We had to leave early but one of these days we'll go to the whole thing. I was impressed at how organized and supportive it was. I'm really excited, wish I'd started this months ago.

Q had his 12 month check up yesterday. We hate shots! On our way out I had to use the restroom and didn't want to sit him on the floor so I stood him up next to the wall. When he saw me use the tp he began maneuvering over to it. I tried to block him so instead he reached between my legs and grabbed the toilet! Gross, lol, just can't win. Now I had to wash his hands and mine! TP would have been better! How do mom's with more than one kid do this? Next we went to the country store to buy wood pellets. I was so distracted I drove off to the gas station before I realized I'd forgotten to drive around back to pick up the bags! Silly, silly.

Two days ago I slammed my head into a pointy doorknob. Man did that hurt! I'd almost forgotten about it until I started scrubbing my hair in the shower today. Ouch! How long does it take for a goose-egg to go away? My new rasberry shower gel made me feel like I was using my childhood lip gloss. :) That was fun.

I was kind of excited for Q's OT to come today so she could see all the amazing progress he's made in the last few weeks. I know she's going to be giddy when she sees what he's doing now. But, snow and sickness have put that off for another week. ;( Maybe he'll pull out a new feat to share by then!

I found out a couple weeks ago that a college friend of mine had lost her husband rather suddenly. Heart wrenching, I know what it's like to lose someone you love and not know how to go on, or breathe. Learning about her grief has lent a whole new dimension to my own personal struggles over the past month. It is amazing to me the depth of, of...I guess the word is feeling...that we experience in this mortal life. [Actually, I should rephrase that to some of us instead of 'we.' I have met people that have never had true struggles to deal with and therefore can't even comprehend what I am saying. Literally. (I've actually had more than one of them say that we should just focus on our blessings and be happy)] I know that the scriptures say that we have to experience the bad to truly experience the good. For a while now I've known how true that is, but I haven't liked it. But even in the last month I've been through this all over again. Two weeks ago I felt completely alone, trapped, hurt, furious and helpless. Hopeless, I could see no resolution to my problem. I had been praying for help for over a month and it seemed to only get worse. A few days later, a few words were spoken and my whole outlook changed. All is not resolved, but hope has been restored. I don't think I ever truly appreciated how essential hope is until I'd lost it.

I think this is my miracle for today: even when we feel we are in the gall of bitterness, Christ is still there watching over us. I know He lives! He will heal our hurts. And I know we will see Him and our lost loved ones again someday.

No comments: