Thursday, February 19, 2009

Nerves and Jury Duty

Last week I went in for one of my monthly blood checks required by the molar pregnancy last August. On first try the flabotomist hit a nerve in my right elbow. Then had success in my left arm. After the searing pain went away after about 15 minutes I thought I might be okay. However, complications started getting worse each day (even having problems in other limbs) to the point that I contacted my Dr. and got an appointment.

Oh blessed! That Dr. appointment got me out of being on a jury for a 3 week rape trial! I'm rescheduled for jury duty in June, maybe then I can finally ease my guilty conscience about doing my citizenly duties without conflicting with work. I was kind of excited to finally be called in to serve jury duty, I learned a ton that day. I'm really glad Ian forwarned me to bring a book.

I went to see my Dr. this morning. He says the symptoms I'm showing are nerve damage to the right arm and I'm starting to show markers for fibromyalgia! I don't like hearing news like that! I really need to start eating better.

1 comment:

Paige said...

You poor thing! I don't know much about fibromyalgia...poor eating causes it?