Sunday, September 21, 2008

September

This has been a very busy month. I am loving my new job and the people that come with it. It requires a lot of energy and time to be a special day class teacher! I'm almost putting in 12 hour days every day. This is a lot like my job in Everett, WA without the nasty behaviors. The kids are sweet and the aides in the classroom are great. The hope is that I will find a way for it not to take so much time each day, poor Ian gets a zombie when I get home. On the other hand, I've been really grateful that I'm so busy -I can't be too sad about personal stuff that has run amok.

Speaking of which, my hormone levels are decreasing wonderfully so much so that whereas it was possibly going to be 6 months + 6 months before we could try to start our family again, it might only be 3 months+ 6 months. The morning sickness had caused me to stop taking my Reliv, but I'm feeling so much better now that I'm trying to get back into the habit of taking my shakes again.


I do need to start finding balance in my day to day living. I need to add more exercise and healthier eating! I also want to finish my latest scrapbooking venture. So many things to do and so little time.

I had the opportunity to teach gospel essentials today and what a blessing that was! I love to have the opportunity to look back on my life and the blessings that the gospel has brought. I'm so grateful that Ian and I have 'built our house upon the rock' and that when the rains have come (and boy, have they come) we have been able to weather it and come out steady on the other side. I don't know if it's possible to go through a really difficult trial and not be angry about it or feel betrayed somehow, but I do know that after it's over (or almost over) that the gospel can bring peace and hope unknown to the world. Mom sent me aftermath pictures of hurricane Ike, I kind of feel like this house below. It may be the only house left on the whole street, but it's still hanging on. I am so grateful for my testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm so grateful for a living prophet today who can share his perspective and guide us through difficult times. I'm grateful for the scriptures that provide their daily dose of wisdom. I could never have done the things I've done nor accomplished the things that I have accomplished without the Lord and his guidance. He is wonderful!

3 comments:

Me and My Boys said...

i'm so glad your feeling, better, you have been in our thoughts and prayers continually. We love you guys so much and are just hope for the best. That's great that you like your job that certainly helps alot. Love you guys

deargoodness said...

We love you guys! I'm so happy you're feeling better. We miss you guys alot. Are you going to be at Christina's for Christmas?

Heidi said...

Wow, that house picture is perfect for your analogy. I'm so very sorry for all the awful stuff you've been through. You are amazing. I've always thought so and now I think it even more!